Field Logistics System Administrator
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusExempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Field Logistics System Administrator position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This is an exempt level role that will sit onsite Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
With a strong attention to detail, this role will be responsible for logistics systems administration (shipping/receiving/inventory/intelligent lockers), maintenance and support of computer systems, peripherals, and associated servers.
As a Field Logistics System Administrator you will:
- Resolve issues regarding operations, installations, setups, system status
- Be responsible for logistics systems administration (shipping/receiving/inventory/intelligent)
- Research and recommend options for department direction on logistics system related topics.
- Provide technical support on complex projects and research new technology for use by department.
- Be involved in software and version releases that may be during traditional and non-traditional work hours.
- Respond to outage alerts during and after traditional work hours.
- Help diagnose internal and external network or system problems.
- Perform root cause analysis of escalated hardware and software problems on logistics systems.
- Support and maintenance of test and production systems including incident management, patch management, security management.
- Document logistics system configurations and upgrades.
- Work with system providers/vendors on maintenance, upgrades, outages, and escalations to maintain system capabilities and uptime.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Understanding of Shipping/Receiving/Inventory Management workflows and functionality as well as market leaders in technology
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; MVR check
- 3+years of experience in supporting and administering logistics systems-preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (OS: Windows 8, 8.1, 10, Office 365, SQL Server 2012, 2014, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, SharePoint)
- 2+ years of experience in utilization of Cloud Technology (Microsoft Azure, IBM Soft Layer) and hosting models SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and administration of Windows 8.1 and 10, Windows 2012/2014 Server Network, web servers, IIS, file and print servers, NAS, Backups and restores, FTP, File Shares, NTFS, clustering
- Ability to identify and perform various hardware break fix (A+ Certification) for Computers, Mobile Devices, printers, scales, and scanners
- Development and support of web pages using HTML, XML, IIS, SharePoint Designer
- Ability to install, debug, and configure Microsoft SQL Server and ability to use structured query language
- Experience in creating reports with reporting software packages (SQL Reports Server, Crystal Reports, Power BI)
- Data manipulation; specializing in import, export, database conversion and parsing techniques
- Database language (SQL, Access, and SQL Server)
- Understanding of COM, COM+, DCOM and Web Services communications
- PowerShell and Batch Scripting
The position requires an individual to be able to do the following, with or without accommodation:
- Lift up to 70 lbs.
- Sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to move from building to building on client’s campus
- Ability to bend, reach, squat
- Push/Pull mail cart with up to 400 lbs.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS