*Pre-Sales Technical Support Specialist I or II
About the Job
Ingram Micro - where the “Promise of Technology” is more than a brand promise. It’s our way of life. Our success is driven by our exceptional people and through our strong values. Without them, we would just be another technology solutions provider.
Why is Ingram Micro the workplace of choice?
- We drive results through creativity and innovation.
- We are a winning team where people are valued for their differences and collaborate to achieve unparalleled success.
- It’s here where you will learn new skills, are encouraged to share ideas and see your contributions at work.
- We thrive on change and use challenges as opportunities to grow our business and our careers.
- We provide our customers and vendor partners outstanding execution and value every day.
About the position
- Are you extremely passionate about technology?
- Are you recognized as the “technical one” in your circle of family and friends?
- Are you good at translating technical concepts into easy-to-understand, simple terms?
- Do you love advising people on what technology to buy, why they should buy it, and how it will help them solve their real-world problems?
If you answered YES to most of the questions above, then keep reading!
Who are we in TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
We are the techs businesses call when they have a problem that they need to solve with products, technologies and services. We are not the techs people call when something is broken and they need it fixed.
We have over 200 technical consultants in our organization. As a department, our consultants are skilled in building multi-vendor solutions from more than 1,400 vendors and including more than 300,000 products. Our technicians receive over 30,000 hours of training each year, direct from the manufacturers who make the products (like Cisco, HP, Dell, IBM, EMC, VMware, Microsoft, Juniper, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Apple, etc.). Our engineers hold over 900 certifications – and get new ones each day!
Working in our Technical Support organization provides tremendous opportunity for someone who thrives in a high-performance environment to advance and grow with a management team who will support your desired career growth.
The chance at a promising career in the field of technical sales engineering starts here. We are looking for charismatic technical professionals who have a fond appreciation for making the sale happen through their consultative approach and technical expertise!
- Answer customer calls on assigned product category or line within defined service levels.
- Provide excellent customer service while developing full solution for customer.
- Demonstrate time management skills in order to effectively accomplish assigned tasks.
- Develop product knowledge and skills for creating appropriate solutions and customer service/selling skills.
- Demonstrate the need to drive value into each call serviced in order to grow sales entitlement.
Education: High school education required. Technical certifications and /or AAS degree in computer related studies preferred.
- One (1) year related experience in help desk, network technician, technical sales or customer service required
- Basic knowledge of hardware or software
- Skill in: keyboarding MS Office Suite (Word & excel) basic sales skills time management; good communication skills (written & verbal) excellent listening skills
- Ability to: learn complex proprietary systems; to work as team member or independently to relay/share information accurately
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.