Lobby Host - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours25
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a part-time Lobby Host position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will work onsite Monday - Friday, 25 hours per week. Various shifts are available, and starting compensation will be $17.50 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
This isn’t just a job – it’s an adventure!
When you're at Microsoft you’re at the center of technology’s most dynamic and world-renowned innovator! The air is electric with international sizzle while you have the privilege of ensuring that every visiting guest – whether local or foreign dignitary – has an experience they will remember for a lifetime.
Your magnetic personality and natural drive for excellence makes you a key player in our quest to establish a guest care standard on the Microsoft campus so high the air is euphoric. You know good enough is never good enough and you expect nothing less than brilliance from yourself. Partner with a company that personifies excellence every day.
Bring your passion and creativity and let us show you a path that will match your ambition. If you’re excited reading this, wait until you truly understand the value of this amazing opportunity. Microsoft is launching new and exciting projects and we’re supporting them every step of the way. Let’s talk. Your career as a Novitex Host at Microsoft is about to begin!
A Lobby Host’s daily tasks will involve being a:
- Guest Relations Expert: friendly and professional; warm, engaging, approachable; an astute listener and problem solver; poised, self-confident, and possessing impeccable accountability
- Takes total ownership of fulfilling Microsoft guest needs, altruistic
- Quickly and effectively resolves guest concerns
- Provides local event & attraction recommendations
- Interactive, outgoing and sociable with guests, clients and customers
- Technology Enthusiast: up-to-date on emerging technical trends; consistently uses technology to enhance own life experiences; committed to progressing technical skills. Hosts use a variety of proprietary computer systems to:
- Register visitors and vehicles on the Microsoft campus
- Book, schedule meetings and events in a complex, fast paced environment
- Execute internal Outlook correspondence
- Keep statistical data on services provided
- Innovator: keen eye for quality enhancements; thinks outside the box; eager to pioneer new ideas; takes initiative to bring about change
- Effectively manages multiple tasks/projects in high-paced environment
- Proactively seeks growth cross-training opportunities to expand impact & value
- Self-directed and intrinsically motivated
- Seeks out customer-focused service opportunities
- Resource: personally familiar with the Microsoft campus and Greater Seattle visitor points of interest; creative in serving guest’s needs; develops strong partnerships for mutual benefit
- Possesses thorough knowledge of buildings, events, and logistics
- Builds strong internal partnerships to meet business needs
- Adheres to business practice guidelines and policies, and safety practices
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need amazing people skills, patience, and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job. Other aspects of your background will include:
- Minimum 1-year experience in high-standard service delivery: hospitality, concierge, resort staff, or similar
- Minimum 1-year in key office admin role assisting in the coordination of projects and special events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent attendance and timeliness record, with ability to conform to attendance standards
- Possesses strong oral, written and listening skills with fluency in English; knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Must have a natural attraction to technology and incorporate it into daily life. High proficiency in Microsoft Office; solid experience with a variety of technology hardware (phones, tablets, PCs)
- Physical requirements (with or without accommodations) include: ability to stand for 4-6 hours per day, move from building to building, embark/disembark a shuttle vehicle, walk up to 1 mile per day, occasionally lift 40 pounds; bend, reach, squat, and perform the necessary job functions
- Must have availability to attend 2-3 employee evening meetings during the calendar year
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS