Oncology District Business Manager IO Atlanta, GA
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to a single Mission – to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. We are building our talent pipeline in Oncology Sales and we are looking for smart, professional and passionate people, such as yourself, who want to make a difference in the lives of patients. As part of our Oncology Sales team, you will be a part of a growing and dynamic sales organization that has a strong heritage and continues to be at the forefront of bringing new and innovative cancer therapies to the market, such as immunotherapies in multiple tumor types. Our Oncology pipeline is one of the best in the industry and having an elite sales team in place is critical to our success. As a member of the Oncology sales team, you will be among the best in your profession and have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people. Bristol-Myers Squibb takes a vested interest in developing our people for not only today but for the long term. We are looking to hire our future leaders and help you reach your potential while building a career that makes you proud. Please consider this opportunity to learn about Bristol-Myers Squibb, and join a stellar team of people who share your goal of changing survival expectations for cancer patients and their families.
The District Business Manager leads a team of motivated sales professionals that represent the integrity of the company by providing approved, disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders, helping to make a difference in the lives of patients. We are looking for leaders who can inspire and motivate a team to reach and exceed business goals, while maximizing their growth and development potential.
The District Business Manager reports to the Regional Business Director and works collaboratively across a matrix sales organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets and our objective of demonstrating value among our customers.
- Leads a team of highly motivated sales professionals by creating and articulating a vision for the district that builds off of the objectives and vision for the organization as a whole.
- Effectively analyzes performance data, market trends, market access dynamics, and builds strategic business plans to address challenges and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Demonstrates clear and thorough understanding of BMS Oncology products, Oncology marketplace, relevant competitive products and the disease area. Leverages this knowledge to model and coach team to exemplary selling skills and product and disease state knowledge.
- Actively facilitates the growth and development of team members based on their needs, motivation and business requirements.
- Creates an environment of continuous learning where team members feel challenged and engaged.
- Must be able to effectively lead a group through change while maintaining focus on current and future business needs.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS
Qualifications and Experience we look for in a candidate\:
Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, or other related industry experience.
- Prior experience as a District Business Manager in Pharmaceutical Sales, or equivalent experience in leading and managing high performing teams is required.
- Oncology experience is strongly preferred, including an understanding of Oncology reimbursement, access and distribution environment.
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
- Proven successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
- Previous experience that has required use of analytical skills, selling skills, and development of strong business acumen, and working knowledge of the market access environment.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following\: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company