Manager, Accounting - Distribution
About the Job
The Accounting Manager – Distribution is responsible for overseeing the Distribution Business for the Mobility Division of Ingram Micro. The Distribution business is comprised of 5 essential revenue channels with each business being unique due customer base, product mix, and revenue stream. Responsibilities include providing direct support and leadership to the Distribution accounting team, accurate and timely revenue and COGS accounting, and analytical analysis on the business performance compared to expectations and trends.
This manager will hold a key leadership position within the US Life Cycle Services accounting organization. This role will be active in developing the overall strategy and direction of the accounting department and will be influential across all areas of the US Life Cycle Services organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Lead accounting activities related to the US Mobility Distribution channels
- Lead and execute all Distribution channel month-end close activities related to revenue and COGS. This includes accurately accounting for rebates, incentives, returns, return reserves, sales cutoff, etc.
- Review all journal entries created by direct reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Review all monthly reconciliations for completeness and accuracy to minimize surprises and out of period adjustment.
- Lead weekly meetings with Sales and Account Management to review current and projected gross profit results.
- Work with the Commercial and FP&A teams to understand channel and product forecasts and provide monthly commentary on actual performance versus expectations.
- Perform a thorough review of all distribution contracts, term sheets and other agreements to identify and properly account for all items that impact the financial statements.
- Assist in the documentation, evaluation and remediation of control infrastructure to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Support all audit requests related to the Distribution channel.
- Work with the vendor management team to ensure timing and accurate billings for marketing and rebate programs
- Oversee the activation commission payment process to ensure all payments are made timely and accurately to our dealers
- Develop a process and system to enable quick access to sales performance by channel, customer and SKU
- Research and implement a dealer commission tool to improve the flexibility, speed and accuracy of the commission’s process.
- Provide direct leadership to the Distribution accounting teams.
- Act as a LEAN Champion, promoting a Lean culture through daily small scale initiatives or larger scale initiatives that are accomplished gradually throughout the year.
- Drive process improvement changes to insure the Company is meeting or exceeding the current and future business requirements.
- Establish alliances with external partners and internal groups to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 8 plus years of increasing financial and accounting responsibilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large sets of data.
- Ability to establish and build key relationships at all levels of the organization and to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to drive change and improvements in the organization through effective communication with all levels of staff.