About the Job
Directs daily business activity and provides leadership for assigned personnel. Responsible for communicating with Resource Freight Planning, Inventory Management, Quality, Sales and branch management to resolve any production issues. Accountable for assigned areas to ensure we meet or exceed all customer SLA’s as well as Operating plan performance metrics.
Major Essential Functions:
Ownership of all assigned supply chain functions assigned, and provides day to day supervision of these areas.
- Accountable to provide/facilitate hands on training, prepares disciplinary notice as required
- Accountable for all ISO policies and procedures for areas assigned makes recommendations for change.
- Communicates daily with Sales, Purchasing and Operational personnel to effectively provide relevant information in order to meet and or exceed customer requirements.
- Accountable for daily work assignments of all regular and temporary labor to meet or exceed customer SLA’s while minimizing labor costs.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Ensures labor is balanced across departments as required to meet each day’s business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
- Responsible for managing the administrative tasks of validating Kronos punches and correcting missed punches (daily), checking Nextrak for employee actions needed (daily), executing the Corrective Action Responses and implementing corrective changes to meet the required timelines outlined in the process document and executing the Quarterly/Annual Employee Performance Appraisal processes meeting the HR timeline as published.
- Demonstrates Brightpoint’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
Minor Essential Function:
Responsible for consistent enforcement of Brightpoint policies as prescribed in the Brightpoint Employee Policy Manual
- Recommends layout changes to improve velocity, performance and reduces labor costs.
- Complies with all OSHA , federal, and state policies that optimizes safety within the facility
- Responsible for housekeeping standards as assigned
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and or Brightpoint management based on our fluid business needs
- Works with Quality and Industrial Engineering to maintain, evaluate and make recommendations to improve all relevant processes.
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center preferred
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel), interpersonal & conflict resolution skills, basic math skills. Knowledge of RF gun and functions associated with Provia (WMS), Fourgen and JDE as they apply to assigned activities.
Pre-employment drug screen required
Experience with PC, RF guns, printers required
Uses intuition and experience to improve business systems and processes. Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develop alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Manages conflict. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments. Gives and welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of team above own interest. Understands business implications of decision. Capacity to build internal and external relationships. Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 lbs. in a safe manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures.