About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours36
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Mail Courier position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday, 36 hours per week, and compensation will start at $15.00 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Couriers at Microsoft are a crucial piece to the operations of the company’s mailroom. Responsible for processing the mail and parcels continuously throughout the day and delivery and pick-up of mail onsite using a company van.
A Mail Courier’s daily tasks will involve:
- Provides efficient and safe delivery and pick-up of packages and documents, while representing the company in a professional manner
- Operates non-articulated vehicles weighing less than 10,000 lbs safely and efficiently, complying with all governmental and corporate procedures. This position is not responsible for transporting placarded hazardous goods
- Accomplishes accurate and timely selection and inspection of assigned packages and the subsequent reporting of stop counts and missorts
- Answers customer questions on Novitex features of service and keeps customers informed about the company and its services
- Scans packages according to prescribed procedures; demonstrates proficiency in features of service and equipment
- Ensures customers have adequate supply of materials for shipping
- Meets delivery deadline requirements and transports packages as required for sorting operations
- Loads and unloads packages from company vehicles efficiently and safely adhering to all Novitex procedures
- Cleans company vehicles as necessary, maintains neat and clean personal appearance to uphold company's public image
- Performs multiple tasks at the same time
- Looks for opportunities to improve knowledge and skills within Receiving, Distribution and Shipping departments
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Adheres to all Novitex Enterprise Solutions team member and customer standards,
- All other duties as needed or required
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Must be minimum of 18 years in age
- Valid driver's license and clean DMV record; MVR check
- High school Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time with or without accommodations
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 70 lbs or maximum allowed by current state law with or without accommodations
- Previous experience in a mailroom operation, shipping, and/or receiving
- Previous experience driving company vehicles
- Experience operating online shipping services such as UPS Online, or FedEx
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS