Sr. Manager, Accounting - Services
About the Job
The Sr. Accounting Manager will provide operational accounting leadership over all forward logistics, reverse logistics, and repair services within Ingram Micro’s US Life Cycle Services business unit. Responsibilities include providing direct support and leadership for all services billings, revenue and COGS accounting, freight accounting and repair parts inventory accounting and controls. This position will support warehouse locations across the US, Puerto Rico and Costa Rica.
This manager will hold a key leadership position within the US Life Cycle Services accounting organization. This role will be very active in developing the overall strategy and direction of the accounting department and will be influential across all areas of the US Life Cycle Services organization.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support Forward Logistics, Freight and Reverse Logistics and Repair (RLR) service billings
- Provide leadership to support the Forward Logistics and Freight Accounting Manager and team in creation of service invoices.
- Directly lead a team of accountants in creating and/or reviewing and approving all Reverse Logistics and Repair related service invoices.
- Ensure all repair parts consumed are appropriately invoiced to the customer.
- Work with the commercial team to setup processes and reporting to track billable activities per the customer contract.
- Build strong relationships and partner with the account management team.
- Build strong relationships and provide excellent service to our customers.
- Ensure appropriate accounting and controls over repair parts inventory
- For company owned and consigned customer product:
- Review on-going cycle counts and ensure cycle count results are properly recorded in the inventory sub-ledger.
- Work with the Director of Inventory Control to coordinate periodic physical inventory procedures and reconcile book values to physical inventory results.
- Provide accounting leadership on a project team to migrate inventory and parts purchasing from MAS500 to our core systems (IFS, Evavi, and Provia).
- Ensure proper inventory cutoff at period ends.
- Lead the monthly review of inventory balances and work with the procurement and commercial teams to ensure proper reserves for Excess and Obsolete inventory.
- Provide follow-up assistance on vendor receipt or payment issues.
- Lead accounting activities related to the Forward Logistics, Freight, and Reverse Logistics and Repair lines of business.
- Lead and execute all Service channel month-end close activities related to revenue, COGS, and parts inventory.
- Review all journal entries created by direct reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Review all monthly reconciliations for completeness and accuracy to minimize surprises and out of period adjustment.
- Work with the Commercial and FP&A teams to understand customer forecasts and to provide monthly commentary on actual performance versus expectations.
- Assist in the documentation, evaluation and remediation of control infrastructure to ensure compliance with SOX and SOC1 and SOC2 requirements.
- Provide general accounting leadership.
- Provide direct leadership to the Forward Logistics and Freight Accounting Manager.
- Drive process improvement changes to insure the Company is meeting or exceeding the current and future business requirements.
- Establish alliances with external partners and internal groups to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Work on special projects relating to operations when requested.
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of increasing financial and accounting responsibilities
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large sets of data.
- Ability to establish and build key relationships at all levels of the organization and to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to drive change and improvements in the organization through effective communication with all levels of staff.