Global Search & Evaluation Lead, Fibrosis
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The candidate will be responsible for search activities, subsequent initial technical evaluation, and leading due diligences of potential transactions for both licensing and M&A, primarily within fibrotic diseases. Within BMS, the candidate will be required to lead business development activities in the fibrosis area and work with key internal stakeholders to facilitate transactions. The candidate will also need to lead strategically at all times, especially externally in the sourcing of potential new assets for BMS, but also internally in the oversight and coordination of evaluation and diligence with internal subject matter experts. Most importantly, the candidate will be responsible for managing transactions workflow by rapidly, efficiently and credibly identifying and evaluating opportunities which appear consistent with BMS fibrosis strategy and declining opportunities that are off strategy, or that are not scientifically or otherwise sound. Working with R&D and commercial leaders, and with the Transactions function within business development organization, the candidate will deliver thorough and efficient technical assessments and evaluations to the relevant BMS governance bodies. They will also lead the fibrosis licensing team, and be an important contributor to the formulation and implementation of BMS fibrosis strategy.Qualification:
- Advanced degree\: MD, PhD or Pharm D with clinical industry experience, or broad experience in therapeutic area preferred.
- In depth knowledge of fibrotic diseases (e.g. idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, fibrotic liver and kidney diseases, other related fibrotic disease states with an in-depth knowledge of unmet medical need, disease pathophysiology, novel drug targets and emerging therapies in development.
- At least eight years of pharmaceutical industry or related biotech/healthcare “buy-side” experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and lead others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing people in a matrix environment, and ability to work with and influence senior management is particularly important.
- Ability to produce highest level business development work products consistently, through thorough planning and preparation, and thoughtful and rigorous analysis, is fundamental and critical.
- Business development, clinical development, research or related experience, ideally in anti-fibrotic medicine therapeutics or related conditions.
- Experience leading and working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams customers.
- An in-depth knowledge of drug development and the regulatory process for the therapeutic area.
- Prior exposure to technical diligence process and scientific licensing activities is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Includes public speaking and leading governance meetings.
- Strong external network, preferably in areas relevant to the fibrosis field