Manager, Inventory Control
About the Job
To over-see all aspects of inventory control efforts and inventory personnel for multiple BPNA facilities. To analyze physical inventory, establish and maintain inventory discrepancy investigations, and develop and implement solutions with the operations team to minimize lost inventory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, manage and train IC Team Leads and Cycle Counters on proactive approaches to inventory methodology.
- Establish processes, procedures, and reporting that support and record all inventory activities
- Accurately maintain inventory balances between WMS and the Evavi system in order to preserve inventory integrity.
- Prepare and analyze reports to enable management to monitor and measure overall inventory performance. Conduct daily inventory analysis, plan and supervise daily cycle counts and annual physical inventories.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Provia, and Evavi systems in order to provide extensive support to the production management team as well as external customers for inventory and production related issues.
- Timely communication with internal sales team representatives (NAMs) regarding inventory issues including the existence, cause and resolution of inventory variances.
- Has a positive influence and assists in the development of associates while creating an open environment which encourages associate feedback and participation
- Conduct yearly performance evaluations on all employees in the inventory control department.
- Participation on project teams involving business processes improvement and implementation
- Assist in preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliation reports
- Maintain a positive attitude and instruct others in the proper methods by leading through example.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Create and maintain a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Actively participates in company functions and activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Highly skilled and self motivated. Well versed in Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Access also a big plus.
Acute attention to detail and accuracy in performance of documentation and data preparation
WMS experience required (i.e. Red Prarie, PKMS etc.)
System implementation experience a plus (i.e. system conversion or opening a new facility)
Experience managing multiple locations a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, accounting or related field and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to communicate effectively and maintain a professional level of interaction with members of the supply chain, finance and sales teams in order to deliver timely and accurate information.